The Government of Goa has designed this scheme in order to honour the young Goan individuals who have excelled in the field of Art & Culture in Goa. The scheme intends to give recognition to the young artist par excellence for their outstanding achievement and for their extraordinary contribution to the field of Art & Culture. The key features are enlisted below:
- To honour the young artists for their contribution towards the field of Goan Art & Culture.
- To felicitate the young artists par excellence for their outstanding achievement in the respective field of their art.
- To recognize, encourage and identify the young artists as Youth Artists of the State.
- An individual artist between the age of 25-40 years and who has given extraordinary contribution in the field of Art & Culture at large in his/her respective field of art
- To avail the benefit under this scheme, the Goan artist should have contributed in his/her respective field of art in Goa for minimum 5 years out of his/her career as a practicing artist.
- No award will be presented posthumously under this scheme.
- No individual artist shall be eligible to avail the benefit of the scheme for a second time.
- Every year maximum 6 persons in the field of Music/Dance, Drama/Theatre, Folk Art, Photography/Painting, Craft, Sculpture, Bhajan/Kirtan, Literature, Film shall be
considered for presenting the award under this scheme.
Eligible artist will be honoured with a Memento, certificate of appreciation and financial purse to the extent of Rs. 25,000/- per individual.
Valid till: 31st March 2021
For More Info: Click Here