- It’s appraisal time for junior ministers in the Union government. Ministers of state who report to Cabinet ministers have started making presentations to PM Modi.
- The presentation includes telling the PM of what they have achieved and areas where they can improve.
- Some of the MoSes have confirmed about presentations at the PMO and that performance review will be the key focus of the meetings.
- During the presentation, junior ministers will talk about work allocated to them, goals, targets achieved in the past one year and roadmap.
- An internal rating for each minister is also on the cards. The assessment may pave the way for a reshuffle in work allocation if the minister is not interested/shows a poor record in performance.
- The exercise has been on since last week. Junior ministers in HRD and rural development have already made presentations.