SCHEME FOR FINANCING AGRICULTURAL GRADUATES FOR SETTING UP OF AGRI-CLINICS AND AGRI-BUSINESS CENTRES (ACABC)
Each year more than 25000 students get a degree in agriculture from government universities and colleges alone. Almost 60% of the population in India is employed in agricultural sector. Apart from lack of technology, irrigation problem and many other affiliated reasons – there is still no mechanism to provide a quality advice to farmers over soil, fertilizers, price mechanism and other critical issues. This scheme was launched with the vision to fill this gap. Persons with strong knowledge in agriculture can avail this scheme to open an agricultural clinic or a centre.
This scheme provides employment opportunities to trained individuals.
- An individual can get loan up to INR 20 Lakh to open a clinic or develop a agri-business centre. Extremely talented individuals with demonstrable technical skills in agriculture can avail maximum INR 25 Lakh.
- A group consisting of one agricultural graduate and others having experience in business development and other technical areas can avail loan up to INR 100 Lakh under this scheme.
- At least 10% value of the Total Financial Outlay should be in capital form.
- A composite subsidy at the rate of 36% of Total Financial Outlay, funded through bank loan. For SC/ST and women candidates, the composite subsidy will be 44%.
- Graduates in agriculture and its allied subjects from Central or State universities UGC/ICAR. Graduates from private colleges are also eligible subject to approval from Department of Agriculture & Cooperation, Government of India on recommendation of the State Government.
- Diploma holders with minimum 50% marks or Post Graduate Diploma holders in agriculture and its related subjects.
- Biological science graduate with PG in agricultural and allied subjects.
For more information: CLICK HERE
Apply: Application Form