Call drop woes to end soon : Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Telecom minister has said that, call drop issue would be resolved within a month, even as he termed the protest against tower radiation a ‘sinister’ campaign hampering network functioning.
- The call drop problem during peak hours in one year has almost doubled, as per a report of telecom regulator Trai.
- Telecom operators often approached the government to help them allay fear among people of ill effects from mobile tower radiations so they can easily install towers.
- The companies have brought to notice of the government about residents protest against mobile tower and hampering their functioning.
- The minister said the government is doing its duty and telecom operators need to perform theirs by optimising, synchronising and making adequate investments to improve mobile networks.