The Government of Goa is pleased to provide insurance cover all the persons below or marginally above the poverty line engaged in un-organized sectors by providing insurance under the scheme of Sahara.
The objective of “Sahara” is to provide Insurance/Security cover to the un organized sectors in case of death of earning member of the family and also to provide financial assistance to their children to complete the study up to 12th Standard.
Persons between age 18 to 60 years whose names are enrolled in the electoral roll of Goa legislative assembly.
The Life Insurance Corporation of India will provide Insurance cover to all the above category beneficiaries under their “Janashree Bima Yojana” and will provide following assistance:
- In the event of natural death of the member, sum Assured of Rs. 20,000/- will become payable to the nominee.
- Accident Benefit: In the event of death by accident or partial/total permanent disability due to accident the following benefits shall be payable.
- On death due to accident Rs. 50,000/-
- Permanent total disability due to accident Rs. 50,000/-
- Loss of both ears or both limbs or one eye and one limb in an accident Rs. 50,000/-
- Loss of one eye or one limb in an accident Rs. 25,000/-
- All the children of the member of this scheme who are studying in the Standard 9th to 12th any stream (including ITI) will be paid Rs.300/- per quarter (3 months). However, if the child fails and is detained in the same class the financial assistance mentioned above will not be provided for the next year.
For More Info: Click Here