The guidance of teacher plays a very important role in shaping the future of the students. Therefore Teacher Education is also very important .Seeing this the Ministry of Human Resource and Development has issued Teacher Education that will highlight the programs, training, financial assistance in activities etc.
- Setting up of District Institutes of Education and Training (DIETs)
- Strengthening of Secondary Teachers Education Institutions into Colleges of Teacher Education (CTEs) and Institutes of Advanced Study in Education (IASEs)
- Strengthening of State Councils of Educational Research and Training (SCERTs)
- Integrate teacher education with overall education development in the States.
- Expansion of capacity of teacher education institutions, deficit in States of East and North-Eastern Region.
- Expanding institutional capacity to provide in-service training for secondary school teachers.
- Strengthening to provide institutional support for professional development of school teachers.
- Link elementary teacher education with the higher education system.
- To develop and monitor the implementation of the Scheme on various physical and financial parameters.
Components of the Scheme are:
- Modification in Centre-State financial sharing pattern, from the existing 100% central assistance to sharing pattern in the ratio of 75:25 for all States/UTs (90:10 for NER States, including Sikkim)
- Continuation of support to SCERTs
- Strengthening and re-structuring of SCERTs
- Training for Educational Administrators, including Head Teachers
- Orientation / Induction Training to Teacher Educators
- Professional Development of Teacher Educators
- Technology in Teacher Education
- Public-Private Partnership (PPP) in teacher education
For More Info: Click Here
To Download our App: Click Here