- The Indian Army today said there is a plan to incorporate DRDO as a technological partner in the proposed Future Ready Combat Vehicle (FRCV) project.
- The army plans to adopt a novel approach for designing and developing its future category of battle tanks.
- The proposed approach will involve three stages – Design Phase, Prototype Development Phase and Production Phase.
- The development of FRCV, aimed at replacing the T-72 fleet of tanks, is proposed to be Service HQ driven and managed by a dedicated FRCV Project Management Team (F-PMT), said army sources.
- Bulk production will be undertaken in India by a nominated Indian Production Agency (PA), which may well be one of the Development Agencies (DAs).