- To promote generation of green and clean power in the State using solar energy.
- To create conditions conducive to the participation of private and public sector as well as PPP in the promotion and setting up of up Solar Energy based power projects in the State.
- Productive use of wastelands / non – agricultural lands thereby leading to socioeconomic transformation and a reduction in regional disparities in development.
- Employment generation and skill up gradation of the youth.
- To put in place an appropriate investment climate that would leverage the benefits of Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and result in lower Green House Gas (GHG) emissions.
- Co-creation of Solar Centres of Excellence and pools of technical professionals which would work towards applied research and commercialization of indigenous and cutting edge technologies involving applications of solar energy generation and appliances.
- Spreading of environmental consciousness among all citizens of the State especially the youth and school going children.
- Decentralization and diversification of the energy portfolio and to increase the share of renewable solar power.
Ground Mounted Power Projects
Solar power projects shall be set up by the independent power producers (IPP) for which Haryana Power Purchase Centre (HPPC) shall invite bids through open competitive bidding tenders.
Development of Solar Parks
Solar Parks will be set up in the State, for that a Joint Venture company has been formed by HSIIDC and HPGCL named “Saur Urja Nigam Haryana Limited” (SUN Haryana).
Sites for shadow free space available on canal banks shall be identified in consultation with Irrigation Department, Haryana. The bidder shall be selected through open competitive bidding by a separate tender by HPPC.
Panchayat Land on Lease /Rent basis
The Government of Haryana will facilitate the lease/sub-lease of Panchayat land at reasonable rates through SUN Haryana (Saur Urja Nigam Haryana) or directly 6 through Panchayat (as per prevailing Govt. Policy) for setting up of Solar Power Projects for minimum period of 30 years.
MW scale ground mounted Grid Connected Solar Power Projects
For setting up of MW scale solar power project in the state, Haryana Power Purchase Centre (HPPC) shall invite the bids through open competitive bidding process and issue LOI to the project developer(s)/power producer(s),on the basis of evaluation parameters contained in the tender document.
Rooftop Grid connected / off-grid solar power projects.
The installation of 1kWp to 1 MWp of capacity Grid connected & up to 50 kWp of capacity off-grid Solar roof-top Power Plants on the rooftops of Industries, Public and Private Institutes, Schools, Colleges, Commercial& Social Institutions/Establishments, Charitable Trust Bhawans, Hospitals and Residential Buildings etc. shall be promoted for their captive use/net meter as per the State Govt. Regulation.
Cluster of rooftops of public / private buildings
For this the offers shall be invited by HAREDA from the independent power producers for development of grid connected rooftop solar power plants, of capacity ranging from 250 kWp to 1 MW, on a cluster of public private buildings on the last lowest tariff discovered and conveyed by HPPC.
Rooftop solar power projects: Procedure
- The programme for rooftop solar power projects including net metering programme shall be implemented by Renewable Energy Department.
- Once the proposal has been approved (LOI issued), the IPPs/project developer(s) will be required to enter into PPA with HPPC for the sale of power to it.
- In case of any dispute either party can approach Secretary, renewable Energy Department or any body appointed by him for a decision in the matter.
- All the statutory clearances and approvals shall be provided to the IPP through a single window facility, in a time bound manner within a period of 60 days after the submission of complete application along with necessary enclosures, fees/charges including LOI.
- The concerned department will give the clearance to the single window authorities within 45 days.
- HAREDA will provide all requisite help to selected eligible project developer for getting the loan sanctioned from the banks as per the guidelines of Reserve Bank of India and the Government of India.
Clearances and other charges in Solar Policy, 2016 (Haryana)
- Electricity taxes, cess, electricity duty, wheeling charges, cross subsidy charges, transmission and distribution charges: totally waived off for both Ground Mounted and Rooftop Solar Projects.
- Exemption from External Development Charges, Scrutiny Fee and Infrastructure Development Charges for the time during which the solar power plant is operational.
- No clearance required from Haryana Pollution Control Board.
For More Info: Click Here.