The Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP) was conceived as a special initiative of the follow up action on the minority schemes and policies. It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) approved by the Government in the beginning of the 11th five Year Plan and launched in the year 2008-09 in 90 Minority Concentrations Districts (MCDs).
To improve socio-economic conditions of minorities and providing basic amenities to them for improving the quality of life of the people.
Minorities people of India
Implementation of the program:
- Multi sectional development program will implement program in block of the concentrated minority areas.
- In selected blocks, the villages having higher minority population would be given priority for creation of the village level infrastructures/assets. Location of the assets should be so selected that the catchment area should have atleast 25% minority population.
Multi Sectional Development Plan:
- The State Govt./ UT Administration would notify a department with clear responsibility to deal with Multi-sectoral Development Programme.
- Plan for MsDP, the State Govts./UTs would give priority to education, health and skill development including skill training to the minorities.
- A block level committee in all the blocks covered under this programme will be constituted. The Block Level Committee would prepare the plan (comprising different projects needed on the basis of base line survey) at the village level.
- The State Level Committee would give approval to the projects based on the standardized cost derived by the State from the approved norms of corresponding schemes of Central Ministries.
Guidelines of MsD Plan:
- The plan for the block/town shall be based on the requirement to improve socio-economic condition and basic amenities.
- The plan should contain projects, prioritized with inter-se priorities among different targeted sectors namely, primary/secondary education, drinking water supply, electricity, health, sanitation, housing, and income generating activities.
- It should be ensured that there is no duplication with other public funded schemes with similar objectives being implemented in the targeted areas.
- Projects for creation of physical assets should be for providing critical infrastructure linkages that are required for optimizing services and providing livelihood support.
- Peoples‟ participation and involvement of PRIs, NGOs and Self Help Groups should be ensured.
- MsDP shall be implemented through the State/Central agencies only.
- The plan should give special attention to projects for education, health and skill development.