- Centre announced that it will approach Assam, West Bengal and Bihar states, take up the task of connecting Manas-Sankosh-Teesta-Ganga in Assam, West Bengal and Bihar and preparing a detailed project report.
- The Manas-Sankosh-Teesta-Ganga link will be the fifth interstate project.
- The government believes this river-linking project, if implemented, will not only provide irrigation and water supply benefits to Assam, West Bengal and Bihar, but also provide large quantity of surplus water for transfer to the southern states.
The Other Four Projects under progress
1. Ken Betwa (UP-MP) – Project to hit ground on year end
2. DamanGanga Pinjal (Guj-MaHa) – Project DPR (Detailed Project Report) prepared
Under DPR Preparation
3. Par-Tapi-Narmada (Guj and MH)
4. Kosi-Ghagra (Bihar – Nepal)
and 5 is the above!