- Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated a land customs station at the Indo-Myanmar border trade centre at Zokhawthar in Champhai district of Mizoram.
- The Centre has been taking up development in the North East on a mission mode and arrangements were made for expeditious completion of pending projects in the region.
- Accepting the demands of the village leaders of Zokhawthar, she promised that a branch of State Bank of India and a post office would soon be established in the border trade centre village.
- She promised that the Centre would take up the speeding up of construction of better roads between Tiddim and Falam in Myanmar with that country.
- Setting up of ‘border haats’ along the international border areas in the region would be sped up and the trade volume in the border trade centres in four states of the North East would be increased to over USD 3 billion during 2015-2016.