About the project:
Under this scheme, the target group is all children below 14 years of age who are working in occupations and processes listed in the Schedule to the Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act, 1986 or occupations and processes that are harmful to the health of the child.
Objective of the project:
- The objective of this project is to eliminate child labour in hazardous industries by 2010. The complete elimination of labour is a gradual aim of the project.
Steps to be implemented under the project:
- Ensuring enforcement of child labour laws
- Formal and Non- formal education initiatives like Special Schools (Child Labour Rehabilitation-cum-Welfare Centres). These schools should offer stipends, nutritional services, and health services to children and proper training for teachers.
- The purpose of the school is to prevent children from working in hazardous industries and mainstreaming them into the formal education system.
- Provision of Vocational Training
- Creating awareness of the harmful effects of child labour on the development of a child
- Income and employment generation activities for families
- Direct rehabilitation of child labour
- Raising of public awareness
- Survey and evaluation