The central government has initiated post-matric scholarship scheme for minority communities.The scheme will form the foundation for their educational attainment and provide a level playing field in the competitive employment arena. Empowerment through education, which is one of the objectives of this scheme, has the potential to lead to upliftment of the socio-economic conditions of the minority communities.
To award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community.
- Students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade
- Annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh
- Financial assistance of Rs.7,000 p.a is given to students of class XI and XII.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 p.a is given for tuition fees and examination fees.
- Financial Assistance of Rs. 3,000 p.s is given for admission and tuition fees for under-graduate and post graduate.
How to apply:
- The scheme is implemented through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website of this Ministry i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in.
- The list of documents to be scanned & uploaded for both Fresh and Renewal Scholarships as under:
a) Student Photo. (Mandatory).
b) Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory).
c) Self declaration of Income Certificate by the student. (Mandatory).
d) Self declaration of community by the student. (Mandatory).
e) In case of Fresh: Self Attested Certificate of ‘Previous Academic Mark sheet’ as filled in Form. (Mandatory).
f) In case of Renewal: Self-Attested Certificate of Previous Year Marksheet as filled in the Form. (Mandatory).
g) Fee Receipt of current course year. (Mandatory).
h) Proof of Bank Account in the name of student. (Mandatory).
i) Aadhaar Card (optional).
j) Residential Certificate. (Mandatory).
For more info : Click Here
To download our app: Click Here