The central government has initiated pre-matric scholarship scheme for minority communities to promote their children to go to school.The scheme will form the foundation for their educational attainment and provide a level playing field in the competitive employment arena. Empowerment through education, which is one of the objectives of this scheme, has the potential to lead to upliftment of the socio-economic conditions of the minority communities.
To encourage parents from minority communities to send their school going children to school
- The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a government or private school from class I to class X
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks
- Annual income of parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1 lakh
- Scholarships will be provided for the entire course. Maintenance allowance will be given for 10 months only in an academic year.
- The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during next academic year of the course on the production of certificate that the student has secured 50% marks.
How to apply:
- The concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration will supply the application forms, till such time computerized systems are made operational by the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations.
For more info: Click Here
To download our app: Click Here