- Indian Railways has modified rules on identity proof of passengers travelling on tickets issued under its Tatkal Scheme.
- As per modified rules, there won’t be any need to mention or furnish photocopy of proof of identity, while booking a Tatkal ticket or indicate the same while booking tickets through the Internet.
- Only one passenger needs to produce any one of the following proofs of identity in the original during the journey, in case a group of passengers are travelling on Tatkal tickets.
- Documents to be furnished as identification proofs include
- Voter’s Photo Identity Card, Passport, PAN Card, Driving Licence, Aadhar Card, Photo Identity Card with photographs with a serial number issued by central or state governments.
- Student identity card with photograph issued by a recognised school or college.
- Passbook of nationalised banks with a photograph.
- Credit cards issued by banks with laminated photograph.
Source: NITI CENTRAL