World over, micro and small enterprises (MSEs) are recognized as an important constituent of the national economies, contributing significantly to employment expansion and poverty alleviation. Recognizing the importance of micro and small enterprises, RGUMY is one of the several schemes that have been implemented by the Central and State Governments for promotion and development of these enterprises. The support and assistance is provided through the selected lead agencies i.e. ‘Udyami Mitras’, in the establishment and management of the new enterprise.
- To provide information, support, guidance and assistance to first generation entrepreneurs as well as other existing entrepreneurs through an Udyami Helpline (a Call Centre for MSMEs on toll-free number 1800-180-6763).
- To guide the entrepreneurs regarding various promotional schemes of the Government, procedural formalities required for setting up and running of the enterprise.
Under RGUMY, financial assistance would be provided to the selected lead agencies i.e. Udyami Mitras for rendering assistance and handholding support to the potential first generation entrepreneurs.
Following agencies/ organizations can be appointed as the lead agency i.e. Udyami Mitra:
- Existing national level Entrepreneurship Development Institutions (EDIs)
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Institutes (MSMEDIs)/ Branch MSMEDIs.
- Central/ State Government public sector enterprises (PSEs) involved in promotion and development of MSEs e.g. National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) and State Industrial Development Corporations etc.
- Selected State level EDIs and Entrepreneurship Development Centers (EDCs) in public or private sectors;
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)
- Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) and Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) set up for cluster development and involved in entrepreneurship development;
- Capable associations of MSEs/SSIs.
Financial Assistance to Udyami Mitras:
|S. N.||Purpose/ Beneficiaries||Financial Assistance|
|1||Setting up of service enterprises||Handholding charges at the rate of Rs. 4000/- per trainee (Central grant of Rs. 3000/- under RGUMY and contribution of Rs. 1,000/- by the beneficiary).|
|2||Setting up of micro manufacturing enterprises, having investment (in plant and machinery) up to Rs. 25,00,000/-||Handholding charges of Rs. 6,000/- (including Rs. 1000/- by the beneficiary).|
|3||SC/ ST/ physically handicapped/ women / beneficiaries from North-Eastern Region||Rs. 1,000/- as a grant under RGUMY|
|4||small manufacturing enterprises having investment (in plant and machinery) of more than Rs.25, 00,000/-||In addition to Government grant (Rs.5000/- or Rs. 6,000/-, as applicable), and entrepreneur’s contribution (Rs.1000/- or nil, as applicable), the entrepreneur will also have to make additional contribution towards handholding charges at the rate of 0.1 per cent of the project cost in excess of Rs.25,00,000/-, subject to a ceiling of Rs.10,000/-.|
For More Details: Click Here