In a bid to instil self-confidence among disabled youth and help them through providing financial assistance for self-employment, the National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) has implemented a scheme for professionally educated unemployed disabled youth known as Scheme for Disabled Young Professional.
- Any Indian citizen having 40% or above disability
- Age criteria- A beneficiary must be between 18 and 45 years
- Must have a professional degree from a recognized university/institute
- The activity which has been proposed must be directly relevant to the professional degree of the applicant
Maximum Limit of loan:
The maximum loan limit is Rs. 25 lakh.
Pattern of Finance:
|NHFDC Loan||Up to 85%|
|SCA (State Channelizing Agency) Loan Share||5%|
|Beneficiary Contribution||Up to 10%|
Rate of interest:
|Loan Amount||Interest Rate per annum|
|Up to Rs. 50,000/-||5% p.a.|
|Above Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 5 lakh||6% p.a.|
|Above Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 15 lakh||7% p.a.|
|Above Rs. 15 lakh to Rs. 25 lakh||8% p.a.|
- A rebate of an annual 1% on interest rate will be provided for young women professional with disability.
- A special rebate of 0.5% is also available for PwDs under VH/HH/MR category
The loan can be repaid within 10 years of availing, this includes moratorium period as well.
How to avail?
Contact NHFDC for availing benefits under this scheme. To contact, click here.