- Shell, an Anglo–Dutch multinational oil and gas company is setting up its largest offshore delivery centre globally in Bengaluru.
- This unit will lead to generation of more than 5,000 jobs in the city.
- The company has decided to move its IT set-up in Malaysia, US and UK to Bengaluru.
- Shell has signed a 3, 50,000 sq. ft. space in RMZ Eco World in the first phase and is expected to occupy it by April 2016.
- The new centre will form an integral part of the Royal Dutch Shell global IT project delivery and support network.
- Shell is the fourth largest company in the world as of 2014 in terms of revenue.
- Shell has operations in over 90 countries, produces around 3.1 million barrels of oil equivalent per day.
- Shell Oil Company in US, a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell, is one of its largest businesses.