Small Scale Industries (SSIs) play an important role towards shaping a country’s economy. In India, this sector has emerged as a vibrant one which caters the economy as well as strengthens it. Not just that, it has been making significant contribution towards export, industrial production as well as creating employment opportunities for numerous people. Economic liberalization has really opened up the small scale sector to a larger market (global). However, in order to improve their strength, the central government provides financial incentives to help them in quality improvement/technological up-gradation via Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme (CLCSS) for Technology Up-gradation.
- Incentives are applicable to those enterprises who have obtained ISO 9000/ISO 14001/HACCP certifications.
- Other eligible beneficiaries include- sole Proprietorship, Partnership, Private companies, Public Enterprises, Co-operative Societies etc in the SSI sector.
- Existing SSI units those have registered with the State Directorate of Industries those want to upgrade their existing plant & machinery with the state of the art technology, are eligible.
- New SSI units those are registered with the State Directorate of Industries and which have set up their facilities only with the appropriate technology approved by GTAB/TSC, are only eligible.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
Following Public Banks/Government Agencies also act as Nodal Agencies for this scheme-
|State Bank of India
|Bank of Baroda
|Punjab National Bank
|Bank of India
|State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
|Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation
|The National Small Industries Corporation Ltd.
- Under this scheme, any SSI unit can get up to 75% of reimbursement for obtaining ISO 9000/ISO 14001/HACCP certifications amounting to a maximum ₹ 75,000/-.
- For technology up-gradation, both micro and Small enterprises get 15% capital subsidy amounting a maximum of ₹ 15 lakh.
How to apply?
Since its implementation, 35533 enterprises have been able to avail subsidy of ₹ 2068.18 crore (till 3st March, 2015). To apply, CLICK HERE
Form has been attached HERE