The ‘Manipur Tourism Policy, 2014’ attempts to position tourism as the major engine of economic growth, to harness the immense tourism potential. The Tourism Policy of the State aims to transform ‘Manipur’ into a preferred tourist destination at global level, by proposing both short term as well as long term measures and focuses on community participation, involvement of private entrepreneurs for comprehensive development of tourism industry in the State.
Public Private Partnership (PPP)/ Public Private Community Partnership (PPCP): The strategic vision of the policy is to enhance the tourism potential of Manipur by integrated development of tourism infrastructure through PPP/ PPCP to achieve sustainable and economic development.
- Foster understanding between people.
- Create employment opportunities.
- Bringing socio-economic benefits to the people of Manipur.
- Strive towards balanced and sustainable development.
- Preserve, enrich and promote State’s cultural and natural heritage.
- Incentives/subsidy should be outcome based, performance-linked.
- The Tax Exemption exemptions should be unit specific and period of exemption would also be as per the actual requirement of the unit.
- The private partners will be selected through fair and competitive bidding process and concurrence of Finance Department will be obtained on case to case basis.
- The Selection of Licensee be made by fair and transparent procedure.
- Culture Tourism
- Medical Tourism
- Adventure Tourism
- Community Tourism
For More Detail: Click Here