New project, e Basta and DigiLocker portal to be launched by PM Narendra Modi on July 1, 2015.
- Government of India is planning to launch under ‘Digital India’ a number of ambitious projects like eBasta on which all NCERT text books as well as some State Boards’ textbooks will be available online for downloading from an app free of cost.
- Another initiative for Aadhaar card holders will be digital locker facility which will enable Indians to secure their certificates and access them online at the click of a button. Filling up online forms using the e-sign facility and the DigiLocker will ensure elimination of usage of fake documents.
- eBasta is an e-resource portal. The app will enable one to download e-text books, lectures and practical videos, and audio files, store them and access them on phones, tablets or computers even when internet connectivity is not available.
- The idea is to bring publishers, free as well as commercial, and schools to come together. Schools on this platform can create structured resources.
- Anyone with an Aadhaar number and a mobile number can sign-up for this facility where one can secure documents like SSC Certificate, HSC Certificate, PAN card, Voter ID card, etc.
- These documents can be easily shared via emails.
- This will ensure elimination of usage of fake certificates.