- India and the US have ramped up their defence and strategic ties by agreeing to fast-track co-production ventures.
- The US has updated its policy on gas-turbine engine technology transfer to India, announced by US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter.
- This step would expand the cooperation between the countries, in the production and design of sensitive jet engine components.
- He also said that he and Parrikar had discussed the progress that has been done in the cooperation on jet engines, and aircraft carrier design and construction, as well as opportunities to collaborate on additional projects of interest.
- The two leaders discussed ways and means to move the ambitious Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) forward.