Breaking News
Home / Initiatives / Center / We salute our freedom fighters and this scheme from Government will give them honour!

We salute our freedom fighters and this scheme from Government will give them honour!

We always read in history books that how our freedom fighters fight for the independence of India. Many heroes we knew and many we don’t .To honor the unsung heroes, the Government of India has initiated “Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme” to provide pension to freedom fighters.


Grant of pension to freedom fighters


Persons who participated in freedom movement as follows-

  • Dependents of martyrs– A person who died or who was killed by any revolt/action /detention or was awarded capital punishment.
  • Imprisonment -A person who imprison for 6 months. (3 months in case of women, SC/ST freedom fighters) on account of participation.
  • Underground-Freedom Fighter who are went underground due to award for arrest to them,proclaimed offender.
  • Explanation – Voluntary underground suffering or self-exile suffering for party work under command of the party leaders, are not covered as eligible sufferings for pension.
  • Internment/Externment– A person who, on account of participation in the freedom struggle, was interned in his home or externed from his district for a minimum period of 6 months.
  • Loss of property–   A person whose property was confiscated or attached and sold due to participation in the freedom struggle
  • Permanent Incapacitation– A person who on account of participation in freedom struggle, became permanently incapacitated during firing or lathi charge.
  • Loss of Government Job– A person who lost his Govt. job for participation in freedom struggle.
  • Canning/Flogging/Whipping– A person who was awarded the punishment of 10 strokes of caning/flogging/whipping due to his participation.


  • The freedom fighters are given pension under “Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme”.

How to apply:

  • The applicants should apply in duplicate on the prescribed application form.
  • The application, duly filled in and supported with required documents as proof of claim of suffering, should be sent to the Chief Secretary of the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration.
  • A copy of such application should be sent to the Deputy Secretary to the Government of India, FF Division, MHA, New Delhi as an advance copy.
  • However, claims can be processed by the Central Govt. only on receipt of verification & entitlement to pension report from the State Govt./ U.T. Administration concerned.

 For Application Form- Click Here

For More Info – Click Here

About Sahitya

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *