- Nearly 300 deals worth USD 55 billion have been signed at the 3rd China-South Asia Expo in Kunming, capital of the southwestern Yunnan Province.
- The signed contracts included 255 domestic investment projects with a value of 300 billion yuan (USD 49 billion) and 44 foreign investment and trade deals valued USD 5.7 billion.
- Domestic investment covers infrastructure, electronics and information, pharmacy, tourism and energy.
- Foreign investment contracts are related to agriculture, manufacturing, energy, culture and education.
- The international deals involve companies from the US, Japan, France, Italy, Thailand, Myanmar and Laos.