Department of Fisheries, Goa Government has a scheme for goan fishermen to help them purchase/construct new fishing boats.
- To uplift the sizeable community of traditional Fishermen.
- To providing them financial help in the form of a subsidy on construction/purchase of FRP/Wooden Fishing craft to earn their livelihood.
- The financial assistance in the form of subsidy shall be granted to the Fishermen for construction of fishing craft (wooden/ FR plastic) of 26 feet to 36 feet
- The Fishermen will be granted subsidy to the extent of 50% of the actual cost of the craft limited to Rs. 60,000/- per craft.
- Fishermen will be entitled to avail the same benefit after every 4 years.
How to Apply
- Obtain the application form from the Directorate of Fisheries Office, Panaji, Block Development Officer of respective Taluka/Fisheries Surveyor of Fisheries working in the concerned Panchayat.
- The form duly filled has to be forwarded to the F.O/F.S of Fisheries Department along with the prescribed documents.
For More Info: Click Here.