- The Governor recalled the laying of foundation stone of Trade Facilitation Centre and Crafts Museum in Varanasi by Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, on 7th November, 2014 and said that work has commenced on this front, and that visible progress will be made soon.
- He added that there is a need for the weavers to adapt their ways of working, in accordance with latest technologies and changing market demands.
- Union Textiles Minister said that a National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) sub-centre is being planned in Varanasi.
- Talking about the Common Facility Centres, the Minister said that the Centres will help Varanasi’s one lakh weavers in upgrading their skills and thereby in empowering themselves.
- Recalling the words of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya, Shri Gangwar said that schemes such as this serve to fulfill Pandit Deendayal’s dream to bring the fruits of development to the last mile, based on the principle of ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’, espoused by the Prime Minister.