- The government has approved 17 solar parks and plans to auction 15,877 MW of solar generating capacity this year.
- They are also considering dollar tariffs in some cases to encourage foreign investment, power minister Piyush Goyal said.
- The government aims to set up 25 solar parks of about 100 MW each along with a Rs 38,000 crore green energy corridor to transmit renewable power.
- The government also plans to create job opportunities for about 50,000 unemployed educated youth by engaging them as solar entrepreneurs to set up 20,000 MW of capacity.
- A self-hedging mechanism was being worked out to ensure that dollar tariffs do not cause any distress to distribution companies that purchase solar power.