- Highways and shipping sectors plans to create 50 laks jobs for the massive projects worth Rs 6 lakh crore.
- The government is working towards a Rs 22,000 crore project to provide connectivity between India and Sri Lanka for which new openings will be required soon.
- The proposed project will be a combination of bridge and underwater tunnel which will allow unhindered movement of ships through it.
- India would soon enter into another landmark motor pact with Myanmar and Thailand by year-end, on the lines of the BBIN signed with three other SAARC nations.
- The minister has urged the manufacturers to collaborate with local ITIs for skill development as there was tremendous scope of skilled manpower.