The state government of Jharkhand is committed to generate havoc employment opportunities for especially the rural population of the state but in can be done only through massive industrialization of the state. The Micro, Small and Medium enterprises have good capability to ensure employment generation for the local youth. So, with the aim to accelerate industrial growth of the state, the government has given permission to set up Private, Joint Venture and PPP model Industrial Park consisting of at least 50 acres of land and comprising of a minimum 15 industrial units. Thus, the Industrial Park Policy came into force in September, 2015 to promulgate employment opportunities.
Private Industrial Park
- Eligible institutions- Any private institution, industry house or any large project will be eligible for setting up Private Industrial Park including Sector Specific Industrial Park.
- Eligible activities for assistance- Some eligible activities are-
- Approach Road and Bridge to the Industrial Estate
- Upgradation/ Widening of Existing Roads to the Industrial Park
- Internal Roads with the Industrial Estate
- Drainage Facilities
- Street Lights in Industrial Park Water Distribution Network and Related Facilities
- Communication Network and related facilities
- Facilities Center, Primary Health Centre, Product Development Centre, Training Centre, Testing Centre, R&D Centre and or any Common Facilities Centre
- Incentives and concessions-
|The state govt. will bear 50% of the project cost (up to a max. Rs 10 cr.) incurred on development of infrastructure in the General Private Industrial Park|
|The state govt. will bear 50% of cost (up to a max. Rs 7 cr.) incurred on development of infrastructure in the Sector Specific Private Industrial Park|
- Release of grant- The incentive amount will be released in 3 installments after the Beneficiary has spent his share on the project cost.
- Duration- Any Private Industrial Park project must be completed within 3 years from the date of approval from the concerned ministries.
Joint Venture or PPP Mode Industrial Park
- Eligible institutions- Any public institution will be eligible to set up Industrial Park including Sector Specific Industrial Park.
- Incentive: Viability gap fund-
|Public institutions will be eligible for this fund up to the amount they require (although a max. of Rs. 10 cr.) per industrial park as grant/concession in the case of General Industrial Park|
|In case of Sector Specific Industrial Park, Public institutions will be eligible for a grant of not more than Rs. 7 cr. per industrial park|
- Release of the grant-The grant amount will be released in two equal installments.
For more information and to download forms, click here.