- On the occasion of the first ever World Youth Skills Day, Modi has launched the “National Skill Development Mission”.
Highlights of Modi’s speech:
- The country’s first priority is generating employment for the youth of the country.
- It’s not that skill only brings money in your pocket, it instills you with a sense of confidence, brings a new strength in life.
- Skill India Mission is not just a programme to fill stomachs,but to instill self confidence in poor families & bring a new energy to nation and we have started a war against poverty and we have to win, says Modi.
- We want to work in this direction in a structured & organized way, taking States along, with a new start and country’s first priority is to generate employment opportunities.