The crude oil price has been fluctuating in the world market and has increased significantly in the recent past. India’s energy security would remain vulnerable until alternative fuels to substitute/supplement petro-based fuels are developed based on indigenously produced renewable feed stocks. In biofuels, the country has a ray of hope in providing energy security. Biofuels are environment friendly fuels and their utilization would address global concerns about containment of carbon emissions.
- Accelerated development and promotion of the cultivation, production and use of biofuel.
- Minimum level of biofuels become readily available in the market to meet the demand.
- The focus for development of biofuels in India will be to utilize waste and degraded forest.
- Cultivators, farmers, landless labourers etc will be encouraged to undertake plantations that provide the feedstock for bio-diesel and bio-ethanol.
- Research, development and demonstration will be supported to cover all aspects from feedstock production and biofuels processing.
- Technologies for end-use applications, including modification and development of engines for the transportation sector.
- Development of test methods, procedures and protocols would be taken up on priority alongwith introduction of standards and certification for different biofuels and end use applications.
For More Info: Click Here
To Download our App: Click Here