AndhraPradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu gave a call for Nava Nirmana Deeksha aimed at eliminating poverty through collective efforts.
- Rs.3,000 would be credited into the account of each member of DWCRA self-help groups on June 2 as part the government’s decision to provide debt relief to the tune of Rs.10,000 crore to the SHGs this year.
- The Chief Minister accused the previous UPA government of dividing the united Andhra Pradesh unscientifically and unjustly. He added that the challenges thrown by the bifurcation should be converted into opportunities and AP should be among the top three States by 2022 and the premier State by 2029.
- The aim of Nava Nirmana Deeksha was to achieve “victory over poverty” .
- The multi-purpose Polavaram project would be completed by 2019 and through Pattiseema project the benefits of Polavaram would be provided to farmers four years ahead.
- Employment would be created for youth through industrialisation.
- A debt relief to the tune of Rs.24,000 crore was provided to farmers and an amount of Rs.7016 crore has already been credited into their accounts.
Reference: The Hindu