- The Pinaka has been indigenously developed by the Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE), Pune, a DRDO laboratory.
- Pinaka II is a complete multi-barrel rocket launcher (MBRL) system with a range of 60 kilometres and its range is 20 kilometres more than Pinaka I version which has already been inducted into the armed forces.
- Pinaka, the indigenous unguided rocket system which has been undergoing extensive testing for the past 20 years, is capable of neutralising large areas with rapid salvos.
- The multi barrel rocket launcher used in Pinaka I shall be used in Pinaka II as well, said Anil M Datar, a scientist and director general, armament and combat engineering (ACE) systems, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Pinaka is capable of incorporating different kinds of warheads rendering it all the more lethal for the enemy and it takes pride in its low cost vis-a-vis other such rocket systems in the world bestowed with shoot and scoot capabilities.