- Passengers can book cab and porter at his destination station before the train arrives at that station through railways online ‘concierge services’.
- The facility, which can be availed as a combo of both cab and porter or only cab services, is at present available at 22 stations, including Tirupati, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Howrah and Mysore.
- Travellers can also do online booking for wheel chair and stretcher services for elderly or sick people.
- The concierge services aimed at facilitating last-mile connectivity to passengers and tourists by arranging a taxi for dropping the passenger to his residence or hotel is one among the slew of initiatives taken by railways after BJP government took charge.
- Aimed at changing ambience of railway stations and decor of carriages, the transporter has joined hands with the National Institute of Design (NID) to redesign coach interior, pantry car, and seating arrangements at platforms and waiting halls.
- NID will also design the ladder for upper berths, lighting arrangements at stations and circulating areas to give an aesthetic touch to rail facilities.