Central Government always kept tourism as a beneficial segment of ministry.It is ecnomomically important and growing rapidly.The World Travel & Tourism Council calculated that tourism generated 14.02 lakh crore or 9.6% of the nation’s GDP in 2016 and supported 40.343 million jobs, 9.3% of its total employment.
Central Government now plans to initiate domestic tourism.It has therefore, been decided that the scope of the present scheme of hospitality programme should be moulded to also make it inward looking considering that the country.
- To motivate travel agents/tour operators and especially, those who are yet to promote India to include tour packages.
- To encourage domestic tourists to visit such unexploited tourist destinations.
- To familiarize travel agents / tour operators / hoteliers about new tourism products and latest developments in the field of tourism.
- Financial assistance to tourism service providers approved by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India or by the State Tourism Department
- Tourism service providers, viz., hoteliers, travel agents, tour operators, tourist transport operators approved by the Ministry of Tourism.
- One tour by the tourism service provider to a particular state and a total of not more than two in one financial year would be eligible for financial assistance.
- Tourism service providers would be provided financial assistance on travel expenses by air only subject to a ceiling of Rs. 30,000.
For more info: Click Here
To download our app: Click Here