Objectives of the scheme:
- To maintain and restore the ecology of the Nilgiris district
- To control soil erosion, soil loss and sedimentation.
- To improve the socio economic condition of the local people.
- To create public awareness on the benefits of the soil conservation works
- Prevention of landslides.
Scope of the scheme:
- Gabion Check Dam
- Drainage line treatment works
- Water Harvesting Structures.
- Community Irrigation Wells.
- Channel Alignment and Widening works
- Drying Yard with Rain Shelters
- Major Check Dams with pipelines
- Aligning and Providing lining to Irrigation Channels
- Landslide treatment works
Who is eligible for scheme:
All the farmers whose lands are covered in the selected watersheds are eligible.
Works are takenup with 90% grant (95% in case of SC/ST) The beneficiaries are required to contribute 10% of the cost of works taken up in their patta lands and it is 5% in case of SC/ST beneficiaries. Community works and the landslide treatment measures are executed with 100% grant.