Uttar Pradesh Forest and Wildlife Department has launched some State Forest Sector Schemes funded by State Govt. for nurturing forests through world-class forest management practices for conservation of biodiversity, accrual of sustained goods and services and large-scale plantations for green cover extension, to provide a clean and green environment to society at large.
Schemes and their Objectives:
- Social Forestry Scheme:
- Under this scheme plantation is carried out on various type of community land, canals, rail, and on land available on road side to ensure the availability of timber, fuel wood, fodder, small forest produce etc., in rural areas of all the districts in the state.
- This ensures the availability of raw material for small timber industries for rural people.
- Plantation is done on community land in rural areas in tribe and SC abundant regions under social forestry scheme through the fund received from social welfare department for the welfare of ST under tribal sub plan and SC under special component sub plan.
- Social Forestry in Urban Areas:
In this scheme ornamental and shady trees are planted on the unused land alongside the roads and parks for environment protection and beautification in urban areas.
- Building construction Scheme:
This scheme is being implemented for the construction of residential houses, departmental offices and non residential buildings for the forest employees working in forests.
- Vir Abdul Hameed Forest, Wild Life And Environment Protection Award Scheme:
This scheme is started with the aim to recognize the works of individuals/organizations who has done a commendable work to increase the tree cover, wild life and environment protection which awakens the spirit of forest and wild life conservation in the society.
- Forest Research and Expansion Scheme:
The task of forest research is executed through the forests promoters, saal region (Bareilly), southern region (Kanpur) and vindhya region (Ram Nagar, Varanasi) under the chief forest conservator (Research) Uttar Pradesh, Kanpur. Departmental plantation is necessary to increase the productivity of tree plantations made by farmers on their private land by making them available high quality seedlings.
- Nursery Management Scheme:
In this scheme nurseries of 8 to 12 feet height are being raised for plantations. This scheme is being implemented in the entire state.
For More Information: Click Here