- Government is making efforts to ensure transparent and swift administration of social security schemes through e-initiatives for employees and employers, Labour Minister Bandaru Dattatreya said.
- He appreciated new initiatives by Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), including allotment of Universal Account Number to all EPF subscribers.
- The retirement fund body has launched Know Your Claim facility for tracking status of claim application, Know Your Balance and e-passbook for viewing remittances and members name, Online Transfer Claim Portal to file claim for transfer electronically from one account to another and provision of allotment of PF codes number online (OLRE).
- Among others are, Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) facilitating online payment of PF contributions and submission of returns, adoption of a new software (Batch Processing Software) for timely updating annual accounts status of the subscribers, EPF Internet Grievance Monitoring System (EPFiGMS and Electronic payments of benefits are among others e-initiatives by EFPO.
- Almost 98 per cent of payments are now through electronic mode using the National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) and Core Banking Solution (CBS) at banks.