Himachal Pradesh Shagun Yojana is a new scheme for girls. The scheme provides financial aid for the financially challenged girls in Himachal Pradesh. Under Himachal Pradesh’s Shagun Yojana, Rs 3,1000 will be given to beneficiaries as Marriage Grant. The beneficiaries must be from BPL families in the State.
Objective of Shagun Yojana:
- The scheme’s major goal is to assist girls from low-income households in the state in getting married
- To aid the needy because these families have extremely poor financial situations and limited means of income.
- The state government has put in place this specific scheme to assist the family with their daughter’s marriage.
Benefits Under Shagun Yojana:
- To avail benefits under the scheme, the girls and their families should apply either two months prior to the marriage or six months after marriage
- Financial assistance will be deposit directly into the applicants bank account.
- If a girl is destitute, and has no parents, she may self-apply to the scheme.
- Under Himachal Pradesh Shagun Yojana, the Government would give financial relief worth Rs31,000 to families living below the poverty line to marry off their daughters.
Eligibility criteria t0 apply for Shagun Yojana-
- Only girls in the state with the most impoverished families domiciled in Himachal Prades are eligible to apply for the scheme.
- Even if the girl marries someone from outside Himachal Pradesh, still she will be able to avail the benefits of the Shagun Yojana.
To avail the benefits from Himachal Pradesh Shagun Yojana, a girl’s parent or guardian, or, the girl herself should have to file an application in prescribed format with the corresponding Child Project Officer, responsible for Nari Seva Sadan, or Superintendent of the Balika Ashram.
He Further said to avail of benefits under the scheme, an application must be made in the prescribed form from parents/guardians or in case of desperation, by the girl herself, to the concerned child development project officer/in charge of Nari Seva Sadan/supervisory Balika Ashram.
Important Documents for HP Shagun Yojana Apply Online-
- Aadhar card of the applicant,
- Age proof,
- Residence certificate
- BPL card
- Mobile number caste certificate
- Passport size photo
- Proposed date of marriage Documents Marriage certificate (in case of first marriage)
How to apply for Shagun Yojana-
You can apply the form in both online and offline formats. For offline format the applicant will have to go to his nearest Anganwadi center and get the application form of this Himachal Pradesh Shagun Scheme. Fill in all the information asked in the application form. All your documents will have to be attached to this form. After this you will have to submit this form to the Anganwadi center. In this way you will be able to apply for this scheme.
Online application for Shagun Yojana Format-
- For online application, one has to visit the official website of Himachal Online Service.
- After visiting this website a new page will open in front of you.
- On the homepage, you have to click on “Citizen Login”.
- After which you will have to click on the option of “New Registration New Registration”.
- Fill in all the required details and submit the form.