Jansankhya Sthirata Kosh (JSK) has been registered as an autonomous society of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The Government has provided a Rs 100 crore Corpus fund to signify its commitment to the activities of the Kosh. JSK has to use the interest on the Corpus and also raise contributions from organisations and individuals that support population stabilisation.
- To provide or undertake activities aimed to achieve population stabilization, at a level consistent with the needs of sustainable economic growth, social development and environment protection, by 2045.
- To promote and support schemes, programmes, projects and initiatives for meeting the unmet needs for contraception and reproductive and child health care.
- To promote and support innovative ideas in the Government, private and voluntary sector with a view to achieve the objectives of the National Population Policy 2000.
- To facilitate the development of a vigorous people’s movement in favour of the national effort for population stabilization.
- To provide a window for canalizing contributions from individuals, trade organizations and others within the country and outside, in furtherance of the national cause of population stabilization.
Strategies/Schemes under JSK:
JSK has started a Call Centre service to give information on reproductive health and family planning in English and Hindi, using computer based software. The service is being used by those who want telephonic advice particularly adolescents, newly married and about-to-be married couples.
For a detailed note on Call Centre: Click Here
A responsible parenthood strategy in seven focus states (Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Odisha, and Rajasthan), recognizes and awards couples who have broken the stereotype of early marriage and early childbirth and helped change mindsets.
In this scheme, the girl should have been married after 19 years of age and given birth to the first child at least after 2 years of marriage. The couple will get award of Rs. 10000/- if it is Boy child or Rs. 12000/- if it is Girl child. ‘ If birth of second child is at least after 3 years of first child birth and either parent voluntarily accept permanent method of family planning within one year of the birth of the second child, couple will get additional Rs. 5000/- if boy child and Rs. 7000/- if girl child. The scheme is only for BPL families.
For a detailed note on Prerna: Click Here
The scheme is for high populated states of India viz Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh & Odisha. Under this scheme, Jansankhya Sthirata Kosh, invites private sector gynecologists and vasectomy surgeons to conduct operations in Public Private Partnership mode.
According to this Scheme, an accredited private Nursing Home/ Hospital (Quality assurance manual for Sterilization services), can sign a MOU with JSK. Upon signing the MOU Pvt. Hospitals/NH shall be entitled for incentive, whenever it conducts 10 or more Tubectomy/Vasectomy cases in a month.
For a detailed note on Santushti: Click Here
Virtual Resource Centre (VRC)
VRC provides access to films, posters, photos on subjects like anaemia, gender, maternal and infant mortality, the waning sex ratio, adolescent health, spacing etc. to the media, researchers, students NGOs and to general public. The VRC is a virtual documentation centre and anyone can place orders and receive the material on CD free of cost.
For a detailed note on VRL: Click Here