Animal husbandry is the practice of selective breeding of farm animals by humans done in order to develop favorable traits in animals for utility, sport, pleasure or research. To promote animal husbandry, Department Of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services, Government of Goa has launched a scheme to assist farmers to enhance animal husbandry activities. The key features are enlisted below:
To encourage the farmers to increase the production of poultry products like eggs, meat in the state.
- Any person who has some experience in poultry activities is eligible to apply.
- The minimum unit size should be 2000 broilers(500 broilers per fortnight) or 500 layers.
- Unit should be located in Goa.
25% cost of plant and machinery will be given as subsidy subject to the amount of Rs. 2 Lacs for any person setting up a poultry unit. Plant and machinery includes:
- Poultry shed
- Cages in case of cage system
- Store room
- Feather plucker
- Feeders and waterers
- Electric fittings
- Water pump and water tank
- First batch of old day chicks/layers
How to apply
The beneficiary can start a unit with his own finance or by taking loan from the financial institution(in this case subsidy will be released by that financial institution only).
For More Info: Click Here