Hon’ble Prime Minister launched the National Digital Health Mission on 15th August 2020 to bring a new revolution in India’s health sector and help reduce problems in getting treatment with the help of technology. In line with the above mission, Ayushman Sahakar Yojana was launched by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC), under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare to assist cooperatives to improve the infrastructure of health services and facilities in rural areas of the country. Under this scheme, a loan of Rs 10000 crore will be provided by the NCDC to cooperative societies for opening hospitals, medical colleges in rural areas, so that people of rural areas can get better treatment.
- Currently, there are around 52 hospitals across the country run by cooperatives with a cumulative bed strength of 5000. After the implementation of Ayushman Sahakar, this number can be increased and shall provide a boost to healthcare services.
- Ayushman Sahakar scheme fund would also assist cooperative hospitals to take up medical / AYUSH education.
- Ayushman Sahakar specifically covers establishment, modernization, expansion, repairs, renovation of hospital and healthcare and education infrastructure encompassing:
- Hospitals and/ or Medical Colleges for running UG and /or PG programmes
- Yoga wellness centres, Ayurveda, Allopathy, Homeopathy and other traditional medicine healthcare centres
- Health care services for the elderly, persons with disability, mentally challenged
- Mobile Clinic Services and Emergency Medical Services
- Drug testing laboratory and blood banks
- Maternal health and Childcare services; Reproductive and Child Health services
- Information and Communication Technology related to digital health,
- Any other related centre or services as may be deemed fit by NCDC for assistance, and more
- This scheme will be helpful in strengthening the farmer welfare activities undertaken by the Centre.
- As an incentive, NCDC will provide 1% less than applicable rate of interest on term loan for the project activities in case of borrower cooperative society where women members are in majority for the entire tenure of the loan only if timely repayments are made.
- To assist the provision of affordable and holistic healthcare through hospitals /healthcare/education facilities by cooperative societies
- To assist the promotion of AYUSH facilities by cooperative societies
- To assist cooperative societies to meet the objectives of National Health Policy
- To assist cooperative societies to participate in the National Digital Health Mission
- Assist cooperative societies to provide comprehensive healthcare including education, services, insurance and activities related thereto.
- Any Cooperative Society registered under any State/ Multi State Cooperative Societies Act in the country, with suitable provision in the bye-laws to undertake services related to hospital/ healthcare/ health education, shall be eligible for the financial assistance subject to fulfilment of guidelines under the scheme.
- NCDC assistance shall be provided either through the State Governments/ UT Administrations or directly to the cooperatives which fulfil NCDC Direct Funding guidelines.
- Dovetailing with other schemes or programmes of the Government of India/ State Government/ Other funding Agency is permitted.
Period of the loan will be for 8 years, including 1-2 years moratorium. NCDC would adopt its standard practice of appraisal and due diligence before any project is sanctioned.
For further details please visit http://sip.ncdc.in/OR
Contact- Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 110016
Tel : +91-11-26962478, 26960796
Fax : +91-11-26962370, 26516032
Email: [email protected]
Also Read: Invest Rs 210 per month to get Rs 5,000 monthly pension under Atal Pension Yojana