Name of the scheme: National Research Professorship (NRP)
Purpose: The main purpose of this scheme is to honour distinguished academics and scholars in recognition of their contribution to knowledge.
- Age criteria- Persons of real eminence, who have attained 65 years of age
- Persons who have made outstanding contributions in their respective fields
- Individuals, who are still capable of productive research, are considered for appointment as National Research Professors.
- Rate of monthly honorarium for serving National Research Professors is- Rs. 75,000/-
- Rate of monthly pension is Rs.25,000/-
- Rate of annual contingency grant is Rs. 1 lakh
- Honorarium and pension will be exempted from Income Tax under Section 10(17A) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
The appointment for national Research Professors is made initially for a period of 5 years and can be extended by another term of 5 years.
For more information, click here